Large capacity, nominal 19” rectangular shape traditional wicker bicycle basket.
Hand woven natural, full cane wicker bicycle baskets have been popular for load carrying for over 100 years. Quaint styling and immensely practical, these classics of the urban bicycle world are ideal for carrying bagged items, and can even handle loose items, as the close woven knit prevents items dropping through the weave (unlike many of the wire type baskets).
The natural material is weather resistant and, being woven, will allow water to easily drain.
Front mounting allows security observation of the contents.
- Structurally superior full cane wicker (not split cane).
- Handmade and ethically sourced.
- Sustainable natural material, eco-friendly.
- Lightweight, yet structurally solid.
- Durable in all climates and weather conditions
- The weathering effect over time is part of the charm of a natural product. (Will not rust or become easily bent or misshapen unlike wire)
- The close woven knit structure prevents narrow objects dropping out of the basket (unlike large hole wire type baskets)
- Supplied with natural leather straps.
Sizing note: The ‘nominal’ size of the basket is the largest overall possible dimension.
Actual size measurements are shown in the gallery of images.
Top: width 40cm, depth 28cm
Base: width 30cm, depth 21cm
Overall height: 26cm
Note: Designed to be fitted securely to the handlebars with their supplied adjustable leather straps, but must be used in conjunction with an additional weight carrying ‘basket support’.
‘Basket supports’ are typically fitted to the front wheel axle using axle nuts.
These are general not compatible with high-end QR and Thru-type hub axle systems.